The Morocco Volunteer Fire Department (MVFD) consists of twenty-six dedicated men and women who all volunteer their time to assure the safety and betterment of the communities we serve. Our members are certified fire fighters by the Indiana Department of Homeland Security and complete the same training required of a "career" or paid fire fighter.
The Morocco Volunteer Fire Department is committed to life safety and the preservation of property.
MVFD is also a certified BLS Non-Transport provided through the Indiana Emergency Medical Service Commission and offer basic life support emergency medical services to our communities. Several of our fire fighters are certified Emergency Medical Responders, Emergency Medical Technicians, or Paramedics that respond to medical emergencies in our coverage area.
The first recorded fire handled by the Morocco Volunteer Fire Department was in 1901. In 1974 fire fighters renovated the old Baptist Church located at 114 North Clay Street into a fire station. The Clay Street location served as the home to the Morocco Volunteer Fire Department until 2002, when we relocated to our current location.